Here are some before and afters of the family room makeover. There is still lots to do in here
but at least this is a start. I started with this mood board generously posted on Young House Love.
The walls were yellow and the painted brick and built ins were an off white. They looked dirty to me.
Here's another angle.
Okay, so again, this is the before:
And the after:
The bar area before:
And a much whiter and brighter after:
And some more afters. Please don't mind the little woopie cushion.
I still have lots to do in here. That multi colored lamp is gone and I have a blank wall to deal with. I sold the brown couches on craigslist.
This is what I basically did:
1. I painted the brick and built ins a crisper white.
2. Changed the hardware on the cabinet doors
3. Painted the ceiling white, the walls BM Ashen Tan and the backs of the book cases BM Beach Glass
4. New white slip covered sectional, new ottoman and new jute rug on top of the wall to wall
5. Painted the cabinets in the bar area and installed hardware to match the built ins
6. The sleek TV and stand.
There's still work to do in here, like lamps, what to put above the TV, and I'm not completely in love with the mirrors on the mantel. Should I put two of these on the mantel instead? Or should I plant them above the TV? Suggestions are always welcome!
Thanks for looking!