Yes. I realize Christmas is over but I wanted to post these cute little ornament animals we made inspired by Sherry and John.
Below is a rubber spider my son had in his bin. Painted green with craft paint, it doesn't look so scary!
This dog is from an old Wizard of Oz set. We had 4 of these 'Toto' guys floating around so I painted them blue and hung them on our tree!
Here is how to make these ornaments:
1. Find a bunch of critters from the land of forgotten toys.
2. Drill a small hole in each figure.
3. Screw in small hooks, the kind that come with picture frame hangers.
4. Prime them with spray paint primer. Let them dry for 2 hours.
5. Paint the figure your choice of color with craft paint. Let dry for at least 1 hour, repeat as necessary. 2 coats were enough for these.
This is what they looked like after priming:
Above is my tree..... with a little green fishie.
The family room mantle:
Christmas cards hung with clothespins:
Now I can put Christmas behind me! I hope yours was merry and bright!
Happy New Year!