Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Ikea Rast Side Table Hack

One of my favorite design blogs is Aubrey and Lindsey's Little House Blog.  Lindsey has a wonderful sense of design - simple and clean.


When we moved, I wanted to simplify my bedroom.  I had huge furniture (see below)


 Including gigantic bedside tables (below)
I sold the entire set on Craigslist before our move date.  I bought a new bed and needed bedside tables.  I saw one I liked and could not believe it was an Ikea Hack!

So I went out and bought 2 Ikea Rast tables and refinished them.  

This is the Ikea Rast:





After refinishing using Lindsay's method I ended up with this:

After:









I did not paint the inside drawers:





I used a nickel finish instead of Lindsay's bronze pulls:



It took me 2 days to finish.  It would have taken less time but I primed and painted 2 coats of the white.  (I ended up using BM White Dove.  The BM Chantilly Lace was a little too bright for me, especially with the contrasting walnut stain).  I poly-ed the stained portion also.





At first I thought they were too small, especially compared with the monster bedside tables I used to have.  But I really like them now. 



:)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by. You are so right. Simple things really make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete